Over the years of dedication, we have been a respected supplier of Hydrogenated Castor Oil for our widely scattered clients. It is extensively used in different industries for diverse industrial purposes. It is available in varied quantities as per the requirement of our patrons. It is procured from our dependable vendors who use only best quality components and hi tech machinery for its formulation. We test this oil on various parameters to assure serving our clients with a flawless range.
Hydrogenated Castor Oil Properties:
- Form : White Flakes
- Melting Point : 86 Degree Centigrade
- Color : White
- Purity : 100 %
- Plant Part Used/Extracted From : Castor Seed/Bean
- Extraction Method : Cold Press
Hydrogenated Castor Oil Applications:
1. Hydrogenated castor oil, also known as castor wax or castor oil wax, is a derivative of castor oil that has been processed to increase its melting point and stability. It finds applications in various industries due to its unique properties. Here are some common applications of hydrogenated castor oil:
2. Cosmetics and Personal Care Products: Hydrogenated castor oil is widely used in the cosmetics and personal care industry. It is an excellent emollient and thickening agent in creams, lotions, lipsticks, and other beauty products. It provides a smooth and creamy texture, enhances product stability, and improves moisturization.
3. Pharmaceuticals: Hydrogenated castor oil is used in pharmaceutical formulations as a binder, emulsifier, and stabilizer. It helps improve the consistency and shelf life of ointments, creams, and topical medications. It is also used as a lubricant in tablet and capsule manufacturing.
4. Candles: Due to its high melting point, hydrogenated castor oil is often used in candle making. It adds hardness to the wax, improves burn time, and reduces dripping. It can be used as a standalone wax or blended with other waxes to achieve desired characteristics.
5. Coatings and Adhesives: Hydrogenated castor oil is used in the formulation of coatings, varnishes, and adhesives. It provides film-forming properties, improves adhesion, and enhances the durability of the coatings. It also acts as a rheology modifier, improving the flow and leveling of the coatings.
6. Industrial Applications: Hydrogenated castor oil finds utility in various industrial applications. It is used as a lubricant and release agent in metalworking processes, such as drawing, extrusion, and cold heading. It also serves as a mold release agent in the rubber and plastic industries.
7. Textile and Leather Industry: Hydrogenated castor oil is employed in the textile and leather industries as a softening agent and water repellent. It enhances the fabric's drape, imparts water-resistant properties, and improves resistance to abrasion.
8. Food Additives: Hydrogenated castor oil, when produced to food-grade standards, can be used as a food additive. It may be used as a coating agent, glazing agent, or anti-caking agent in certain food products.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is hydrogenated castor oil?
Ans: Hydrogenated castor oil, also known as castor wax or castor oil wax, is a derivative of castor oil. It is produced by hydrogenating castor oil, a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the castor plant (Ricinus communis), to increase its melting point and stability.
Q. What is the purpose of hydrogenating castor oil?
Ans: The hydrogenation process converts the unsaturated fatty acids present in castor oil into saturated fatty acids. This increases the melting point of the oil and improves its stability, making it suitable for various applications where higher melting points and improved shelf life are desired.
Q. What are the properties of hydrogenated castor oil?
Ans: Hydrogenated castor oil is typically solid at room temperature and has a melting point ranging from 80 to 90 degree centigrade. It is odorless, tasteless, and has a waxy texture. It is insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents.
Q. Is hydrogenated castor oil safe to use?
Ans: Hydrogenated castor oil is considered safe for use in cosmetics, personal care products, and certain food applications when produced to appropriate purity standards. However, it's essential to ensure compliance with local regulations and guidelines for each specific application.
Q. Can hydrogenated castor oil be used in food products?
Ans: Yes, hydrogenated castor oil can be used as a food additive in certain applications. However, it's important to use food-grade hydrogenated castor oil produced according to relevant food safety regulations and standards.
Q. Can hydrogenated castor oil cause allergies or skin irritation?
Ans: While allergies and skin reactions can vary from person to person, hydrogenated castor oil is generally considered to have low allergenic potential and is well-tolerated by most individuals. However, if you have known sensitivities or allergies to castor oil or related substances, it is advisable to perform a patch test or consult a healthcare professional before using products containing hydrogenated castor oil.
Q. Where can I purchase hydrogenated castor oil?
Ans: Hydrogenated castor oil can be purchased from various suppliers, including chemical distributors, cosmetic ingredient suppliers, and online marketplaces. Ensure that the product you choose meets your specific requirements and is suitable for your intended application.